Have you ever “gone blank” while trying to coach or support someone, and your next thought is… “What’s the right thing to say??”
If so, it might be time to step back into the “Coaching Dojo.” Over four days of rich training and dynamic practice, you will learn to apply our ontological coaching principles skillfully… so that you can bring transformation to the people you serve.
“This is the kind of course I could take once a year.” — Daniel Jubelirer, Coach & Activist
August 25-28, 2022 – 9am-6pm Pacific time each day with an additional session on September 10, 9am-12pm
- January 5-8, 2023 – 8am-5pm Pacific time each day with an additional session on January 23, 9am,-12pm
- Where: Fully online using Zoom video conference
- Pre-requisite: Academy Foundational Coaching Course
- Coach Continuing Education Units (CCEUs): 28 CCEUs (all Core Competency)
Your Course Leaders
Beth Ann Suggs, PCC is Dean of Students, Mentor Coach, and Course Leader for the Academy for Coaching Excellence. For more than 30 years she has been making significant contributions to the field of coaching. Her approach as a mentor coach has empowered the lives of hundreds of people who have benefited from her dynamic leadership and guidance.
We stand for a world where everyone is supported 100% and no one is left out, and our pricing reflects that vision. Our sliding scale empowers people to participate who could not otherwise do so, and enables us to offer our life-changing work where it can do the greatest good.
Suggested for those that make less than $25,000 annually. Not applicable to organizations.
Suggested for those that make $25,000 – $50,000 annually.
Suggested for those that make $50,000 – $70,000 annually.
Suggested for those that make $70,000 – $90,000 annually.
Suggested for those that make $90,000+ (all USD) annually.
What you will learn
Through the Academy Foundational Training and Academy Foundational Coaching Course courses, you were introduced to the first components of being an effective coach, including: Training your own brain for success, seeing others through a “coaching lens,” and interacting with others with compassion.
In this course, you will learn the remaining essential components of the ACE coaching framework, including the following:
Focusing on what is important in the conversation
Did you know a masterful coach attends to only a fraction of what a person is saying? Replace the exhaustion of tracking every detail for the joy of creating “aha!” moments with ease, by learning to:
- Easily identify the true coaching need “underneath” whatever a person presents to you.
- Quickly discern and unpack the metaphors and viewpoints that are keeping a person “stuck.”
- Cut through the story and unimportant details, by attuning to the “energy of the space.”
Effective coaching interventions
What would it be like to catalyze breakthroughs without expending much time, energy, or breath? Make a greater difference with far fewer words, by discovering how to:
- Joyously engage the “dance” of coaching, instead of rigidly following a “formula.”
- Use acknowledgement, reflective listening, and other forms of “coaching without questions.”
- Discern when to use one of three “coaching positions,” so that you can facilitate breakthroughs in the most efficient manner possible.
How to get the most out of this online course
In order to get the most out of this experience, we invite you to treat these this course as a retreat. This is important time just for you!
- Find a private space in your home where you will be undisturbed during the course. You may want to do something special to decorate it for the course. Maybe add flowers, plants, or artwork. Get creative!
- Don’t schedule other plans on the breaks. In addition, there will be some work to do in between sessions, and we encourage you to give yourself the time and space to both do the preparation work, and get plenty of rest.
- Communicate with your family and/or housemates. Let them know that you won’t be available during the course times, and make a plan for anything they may need from you ahead of time.
- Please turn your phone off or put it in “Do Not Disturb” during the sessions. Close your email and other programs during the sessions, so you can be fully present to everything that’s happening.
Check the early bird deadline below to see if it is active for your course.
Early Bird Deadline
December 5, 2022