The ultimate way to shift your relationship with your body from adversary to best friend!
“The body is a sacred garment. It’s your first and last garment; it is what you enter life in and what you depart life with; and it should be treated with honor.” – Martha Graham
- Dates: Not yet scheduled
Sign up now for updates on this program
Let’s face it: our relationship with our body can be turbulent and filled with struggle.
Consider the following: Your relationship with your body determines whether you are living your life with clarity, focus, ease, and grace. Or if instead, you are struggling.
It’s often difficult to imagine a relationship with our body, let alone seeing it as part of a success team. However, try this thought experiment:
Imagine you discover that you and your body aren’t communicating very well. You seem to get in the way of each other. In your mind, it’s an adversarial relationship. So you decide to take you and your body to a couple’s counselor.
There you are, sitting next to each other on a couch in the counselor’s office. The counselor turns to you and asks you to talk about your complaints about your body. You talk for a few minutes, reciting the usual litany of body woes.
Then, the counselor turns to your body and asks, ” Ok, now. What are your complaints about this person?”
Take a deep breath as you look at the following: What would your body say?
If you’re like many of us, you might hear:
- He never rests me enough.
- She never feeds me right; it’s either feast or famine.
- If I get the slightest pimple, they want to hide me.
- They’re always comparing me to someone else.
- When she sees me in a mirror she gets a look of disgust.
The question is this: If you were in a relationship with someone who treated you this way, how long would you want to remain in it? Not long, right? Then, why does your body stay with you?
Look for a moment at the following possibility: Your body stays with you because it loves you.
It has been your partner since the moment you came into physical reality. It is here with you until you leave. All it has ever wanted is to support you in dancing with your goals and dreams.
And here is something that healers throughout the ages have known and that modern science is beginning to discover: This body of yours is composed of trillions of sentient cells that react to your thoughts and feelings about them.
How would you behave toward someone if you knew they loved you that much? You might:
- Treat them like your best friend.
- Want to take care of your body in order to give back what it’s giving you.
- Shift your communication with it from complaint to acknowledgement.
- Look at how to have fun together.
If this seems too simple, consider this: We spend so much time looking at our defects that we don’t experience the partnership that’s before us.
It’s hard to love your body against the backdrop of all the complaints you’ve had about it over the years. However, it becomes easier if you’re willing to shift your relationship with your body from adversary to friend!
It requires a different perspective, one that can be achieved in a matter of days.
In the Befriending Your Body course, you will:
- Learn to partner with your body in ways that will amaze and delight you.
- Learn to operate together with your body as a success team, so that you can show up for the games worth playing in your life.
- See how to dance with your dreams, instead of trudging along exhausted or half-asleep.