Bring others’ greatness to life.
July 6-9 (9am-6pm) & 15 (9am-12pm). 2023
October 12-15 (9am- 6pm) & 21 (9am-12pm), 2023
(All times Pacific)
A multi-session course on the fundamentals of coaching and empowerment for people ready to bring others’ greatness to life, so they can make the contribution they are here to make.
When someone needs your support or coaching, do you ever worry you won’t know what to say?
In this life-changing and career-accelerating course, you will learn the fundamental coaching skills you need to empower others with ease.
Learn to unleash your innate capacity to bring out the very best in others, so they can create joy, meaning, and fulfillment in their lives and work. Whether you want to be a coach or use coaching skills in your life and work, this course will show you how to be the cause for others’ blossoming — and leave each interaction energized.
Empowerment Skills for Every Vocation & Walk of Life
Using the skills in this course:
Our Powerful Curriculum
In this course, you will learn to create an environment in which people can see and take action on what is important to them. Using this model, you will bring out the very best in others, so they can achieve that which has true meaning for them — both personally and professionally.
Learn five key coaching skills:
SKILL #1: Recognize your projections
In this course, you will learn first-hand about what you imagine is going on with the person you are supporting, and how that hampers your ability to empower them. When you stop imagining their story, you can finally:
- Notice and preempt any urge to “fix” people, so you can instead bring out the best in them.
- Move beyond the hidden biases that prevent you from being with others as they truly are.
- Go beyond your own imagined limits, so that your authentic coaching presence can emerge.
SKILL #2: The coaching lens
What would it be like to see and bring out the enduring greatness in others, no matter what they were going through in the moment? Learn the true simplicity of empowerment, including how to:
- See others’ courage and heroism so clearly that, in your presence, they see it too.
- See people’s self-limiting thoughts and feelings as totally irrelevant to who they really are.
- Interact with people according to the innate genius and capability they already possess.
SKILL #3: Bring true compassion
Do you ever react to others’ discomfort with worry, pity, problem-solving, or confusion as to how you can be truly helpful? Discover the power of compassion, by learning to:
- Use acknowledgment to create an environment of trust, candor, and creative thinking.
- Be an empowering presence no matter what frustrations or doubts a person is experiencing.
- Bring a “lightness of being,” because you see something incredible is seeking to emerge.
- Help the person you are supporting to see that all is well.
SKILL #4: Stay centered & grounded
What would it be like to possess the power to stay centered and grounded, no matter what another person is going through — so that, in your presence, they relax and see new possibilities? Learn to:
- Engage with people in the most difficult moments, without developing “compassion fatigue.”
- Employ a simple practice to redirect the person’s attention to what matters most to them.
- Support others in such a way that both you and they leave energized instead of drained.
SKILL #5: The coaching roadmap
What if you were to see that there were only four things occurring in every coaching conversation — and that you had a “roadmap” by which to guide a person to authentic action? Discover:
- The four principles at play in any coaching conversation, and how to skillfully employ them.
- A simple set of questions that truly make a difference and evoke discernment and action.
- How to employ the principle of “less is more” to produce greater results with more ease.
Your Course Leaders
Beth Ann Suggs, PCC
Beth Ann Suggs, PCC is Dean of Students, Mentor Coach, and Course Leader for the Academy for Coaching Excellence. For more than 30 years she has been making significant contributions to the field of coaching. Her approach as a mentor coach has empowered the lives of hundreds of people who have benefited from her dynamic leadership and guidance.
Register with our sliding scale
We envision a world in which everyone is supported 100% and no one is left out. Our sliding scale reflects that vision by supporting people to participate who could not otherwise do so.
|…OR Organizational Budget
(if your organization funds you)
|Standard Price||Early Bird Price
(25% discount applied automatically during the Early Bird period. See availability below)
|$90,000+ (all USD)||$10,000,000+||$3,600||$2,700||Register Now|
|$70,000 - $89,999||$4,000,000 – $9,999,999||$3,000||$2,250||Register Now|
|$50,000 – $69,999||$1,000,000 – $3,999,999||$2,400||$1,800||Register Now|
|$25,000 – $49,999||$0 – $999,999||$1,800||$1,350||Register Now|
|$0 – $24,999||Not applicable to organizations||$1,200||$900||Register Now|
Check the early bird deadline below to see if it is active for your course.
Early Bird Deadline
AFCC July 2023 Course
June 6, 2023
AFCC October 2023 Course
September 12, 2023
We are dedicated to making this course financially workable for you, any way we can! We are happy to arrange a payment plan for you at no additional cost, as long as it is paid in full by the first day of the course.
As part of our growing effort to be a stand for justice, equity, and diversity, we are now accepting scholarship applications for the Academy Foundational Coaching Course. These scholarships aim to make a meaningful impact in the lives of women of color, marginalized populations, and the LGBTQ community.