What We Stand For
Our guiding vision is what Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. called “the Beloved Community” — a world in which everyone is supported 100% with no one left out.
Our part in this vision is to serve people from all walks of life, so that, at any moment, anyone on this planet can say: “Yes! I’m doing what I came here to do.”
We nurture and celebrate diversity at every level of our community — including our students, coaches, course leaders, and staff — along lines of:
- Race and ethnicity
- Class and socioeconomic status
- Sexual orientation
Inclusive Sliding Scale
We offer suggested sliding scale pricing for nearly all of our programs, to support people who could not otherwise participate.
We offer a Fundraising Guide and individualized support to anyone willing to fundraise to attend our programs.
Guest Pass Program
For our foundational 4-day intensive, Mastering Life’s Energies, we offer all paid participants the opportunity to bring a guest at no additional charge.
Our Plan of Action
We are actively pursuing the following objectives:
1) Set goals and measure progress.
- Setting measurable annual and per-program diversity goals, against which to measure success.
- Collecting voluntary demographic data for all in-person course participants, along lines of: Age, race/ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation — as well as open-ended responses on any other identities important to the person.
2) Build inclusivity into all aspects of our work.
We are updating our branding, website, visuals, marketing materials, course content, and all other aspects of our student experience, to ensure they welcome and speak to people from all walks of life.
3) Partner with diverse communities.
Up until 2016, our enrollment primarily followed a word-of-mouth model, leading to a majority of referrals being generated in heterogenous communities. We are now in the important process of actively building even more authentic relationships and partnering with diverse communities.
4) Get support from our community and beyond.
We are actively seeking the support and partnership of our community and beyond, to have our work benefit a wider, more diverse community. Additionally, we are asking our community what we can do to support their success as “Ambassadors” for our work.
How You Can Partner With Us
We would love your partnership. Specific ways you can help include:
1) Actively invite and support people from all walks of life to participate.
Ultimately, our efforts to enroll a diverse community depend upon relationship. The single most powerful way you can support our success is by actively endorsing our work and inviting others to participate.
- If you have not yet attended our foundational 4-day training, please register and invite a person of color to attend with you as your guest, at no additional cost.
- If you are a graduate of our foundational 4-day training, please invite your community to attend as well.
2) Share your constructive feedback and ideas.
We would love to hear from you regarding any specific ways we can present ACE and our work in such a way that people from all walks of life are 100% welcomed, supported, and empowered.
Zo Tobi, Director of Communications
Staff Point-person on Diversity, Empowerment, & Inclusion
[email protected] • (603) 435-3825