About the Course
There is nothing more exciting than leading a dynamic, deliciously powerful group of people as they look at how to transform their lives.
And, don’t we all know what it’s like when a group is silently non-supportive, or even openly irritated with each other?
- There are powerful forces at the core of all groups.
- If you know what they are, and how to use them, you’ll be successful in keeping the group’s members focused, effective, and productive.
- As a result, you’ll provide huge value to participants.
When you are not aware of the group’s energy, or don’t know how to work with it, you end up frustrated or discouraged. You know your group needs something from you that you’re not providing. When this happens you might begin to work harder than you need to. This is definitely not necessary!
In this interactive, face-to-face course, you will be given specific strategies and skill sets that will empower you to lead productive and highly-rewarding groups.
You will learn:
- Why people get nervous in groups, and how to help them relax and participate fully.
- How to create an atmosphere of trust within the first twenty minutes of working with a group.
- Why the worrisome thoughts you think while leading a group may not be your own thoughts.
- What “group mind” is and how to work with it to produce maximum impact.
- How to work with a group such that each person gets full value from the conversation, whether or not you have personally interacted with them.
- The primary differences between working with individuals and working with groups.
- How to keep the momentum going when it appears the energy is waning.
Whether you are taking this course to build your coaching practice, to conduct productive staff meetings, or to work with community groups, you will leave with strategies and skill sets that you can apply to any group you lead. Guaranteed!
Leadership Skills for Every Group
Out of this training:
Coaches, consultants, and counselors learn to lead groups with a new level of confidence — changing the lives of more people, charging less per person, and earning far more income.
Executives, managers, and team members learn to successfully elevate the conversation in their meetings, high-level retreats, and the more informal day-to-day work of collaboration.
Public speakers learn to attune to and draw out the natural energy of their audience — without any slick “motivational” pump-up techniques.
Educators and trainers learn to bring a context of 100% clarity, certainty, and structure to their programs — so that their students and participants can relax and fully engage.
Sacramento, CA • Dates TBD
Location: The Academy for Coaching Excellence, 1900 Point West Way, Sacramento, CA.
Meals: On your own, with light snacks throughout the course. Housing: On your own.
For Coaches: 28 Continuing Coach Education Units (CCEUs) – 28CC
Pre-requisite: The Thriving Changemaker Intensive / Mastering Life’s Energies (click here)
Schedule (full attendance required):
Your Course Leader
Maria Nemeth, PhD, MCC
Maria Nemeth, known as the “Master Coach for Purpose-Driven Leaders,” helps purpose-driven people everywhere see their greatness and bring it all to life.
As Founder and Director of the Academy for Coaching Excellence, she has trained thousands of people worldwide in the nonprofit, for-profit, and governmental sectors. She is a leading expert in leadership excellence, personal/professional development, and financial empowerment, whose work has been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show. A lifelong agent of social change, Maria has contributed in areas such as civil rights, racial justice, women’s empowerment, health & human services, LGBTQ rights, and climate justice.
Register with our sliding scale
We envision a world in which everyone is supported 100% and no one is left out. Our sliding scale reflects that vision, by supporting people to participate who could not otherwise do so.
You don't have to disclose your income. Assess your situation (including savings, expenses, outside support, and fundraising ability), and choose the tier that is a "stretch" but not a hardship.
Schedule a Chat
Want to talk to a real person?
We are glad to chat with you! No sales gimmicks or pressure tactics -- just a simple, candid conversation to help you see if this program is the right thing at the right time for you.
Take a moment to schedule your chat now: